Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Very Hungry Birthday Party

Happy birthday to my sweet baby Erin. Today is Erin's second birthday. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. It seems just like yesterday that I was awake in the middle of the night watching movies, pretending that my contractions weren't strong enough to go to the hospital. I have some very memorable moments from that day. Like when we finally got to the hospital and were in the elevator going up to Labor and Delivery. The door opened just as I was having a huge contraction. I couldn't move, I just had to stand there hunched over until it passed. The poor man sitting on the bench right in front of the elevator had no where else to go, he had to endure it with me. Another moment I remember is screaming, "It's not working!!!" My labor was progressing too quickly for the epidural to work so I screamed the WHOLE 50 minutes I was there before Erin was born. My eyes were clenched shut the whole time because of the pain and the screaming, I don't even hardly recall who was in my room except the people I knew where there: Ben, mom, doc. You can read the full story here. Now, two years later, this little girl is the sweetest thing ever. She totally melts my heart and I love her to pieces.

We celebrated Erin's birthday with a combined family party. Here's some pics to illustrate the event.




2 comments:

Chelsa said...

Wow, that time really flew by! She is such a cutie! Happy Birthday to her!

Rachel said...

I can't believe she is already 2!!! I love that cake, how darling!