Sunday, January 30, 2011

Shelby Turns 4

Ok, so I know this is a little late. Shelby's birthday was the very beginning of January but it has been down right crazy around here and I've been super busy. I even had to put her party off until the middle of January and here I am finally getting around to blogging about it on almost the last day of January.

When I first started talking to Shelby about her birthday(months ago)she said she wanted a pirate princess party. I was totally dragging my feet because I just didn't think I could pull that off very well. Thankfully my friend brainstormed with me a little and helped me decide on a Toy Story/Jessie theme with a western twist. Shelby couldn't have been happier about it when I told her and I couldnt' wait to plan it. I found tons of ideas online so it was fairly easy and quick to throw together.

We had her party at our clubhouse and invited many of her wonderful friends (whom she all loves dearly). I made and served easy food, had some fun games to play then we ate green alien cupcakes. Shelby also got some great gifts from her friends, including a zhu zhu pet and zooble (which I would have never thought to get but she loved), bead making set, several toy ponies, play doh, and more.

It was a whirlwind of a morning, all over in 3 hours, but the sacrifice was small to see my baby girl happy! Love you Shelby.




Aaaaand I forgot to add this in the collage. I made these to go in the favor bags to give to Shelby's guests. I made some of Jessie, Woody and Buzz. This one turned out a little cloudy and bubbly (it was my first time using resin) but you get the idea.

3 comments:

Dan and Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan and Melissa said...

Looks like it was a great party Michele! I love Shelby's outfit.

Rachel said...

You.Are.Amazing!!!!!!!!!! That party looks SO cute! What a fun mom you are!