Sunday, September 28, 2008

Crockpotting

My sister introduced me to this crockpotting blog a while ago and I've been reading it a bit lately. It's made me want to use my crock pot more, especially since fall is in the air, so I've made a few things with it. First I made Crock Posole, which is a Mexican soup that's not too heavy and has a really fresh taste to it. The next two things I made are actually from the crock pot lady. We've got a bunch of apple trees around the farm here, so I was inspired to make applesauce after seeing this post. This is really delicious and I love the vanilla in it. I also made her turkey meatballs and served it with rice and my family ate it right up. The other day I found an Emeril recipe for some red beans and rice. It wasn't a crock pot recipe, but I converted it, served it with some hot corn bread and it was very delicious!! It has some spicy creole taste in it but I didn't do too much and Shelby even ate it right up.
So, happy fall & happy crockpotting. Do you have any favorite crock pot recipes that you'd like to share?

3 comments:

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

Ooo, I do love crock pot recipes! I will be posting one soon...

Unknown said...

Those recipes sound delicious! Here's one we've made several times: Italian Veg. Soup: 4 small carrots sliced; 1 small onion chopped; 3 med potatoes diced; 1 green pepper diced (opt); 2 tsp dry parsley; 3 bouillon cubes; 1 1/4 tsp dry basil; 1/4 tsp pepper; one 16oz can kidney beans undrained; 3 c. water; 1 c. diced cooked ham; one 14.5oz can stewed tomatoes undrained. Layer all in crockpot except water, ham, & tomatoes; don't stir. Add water. Cover & cook Low 8-9 hrs or High 4.5-5.5 hrs, or till veggies are tender. Stir in tomatoes & ham & cook on high 15 min more. (I actually add the ham about an hour before the tomatoes to let its flavor come thru more.) Serve w/rolls or biscuits. Yum! Happy Crockpot Season! We love you guys!

Carolyn said...

ooh, here is my recipe for Italian Chicken Yummy
2 chicken breasts cut in half, 1 thing of cream cheese, 2 cans of cr. of chicken soup, 1 can of milk, 1 package of italian seasoning. Mix the stuff, pour over chicken and cook. I love it!