Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Here's what we've been up to....





Here was our conversation when I started getting out all the ingredients:

M: here's the sugar
S: taste (as she sticks her finger in), mmmm nummy
M: this is flour, it's not nummy
S: taste (sticks her finger in), mmm nummy
M: (getting out oatmeal)
S: mmmm, mush
M: (getting out chocolate chips)
S: taste, mmmm nummy

(you get the idea, we went through pretty much all the ingredients like this and she said nummy to them all--silly girl)

Here's the recipe if you want it, they turned out soooo yummy and they're Ben's favorite! They're choc-oat-chip cookies from Toll House, but I made them choc-oat-peanut-chip cookies by doing half butter and half peanut butter instead of all butter. They stay really moist too!

5 comments:

Dan and Melissa said...

The Heritage Day looked like fun. Shelby looked so cute making cookies. Cracks me up how she thought everything was "nummy". So cute! I think she talks more than Olivia :-).

Jaime said...

Mmmmmm....those sound nummy to me!! Way cute pics!:)

Sarah H. said...

So fun. My boys love to "help" make anything. Cookies and Rice Krispie Treats are their favs.

The Heritage Festival looked like fun. I love that kind of stuff.

Rachel said...

Haha, what a cute narative!!! I love the flour explosion too, you're such a cute mom!!!

Unknown said...

I've got Danish ancestry, too; cool connection! One coincidence--Steve made choc-oat-chip cookies with Rachel the other day; he said it was the exact recipe (except he didn't try the p-nut butter). Hmmm...maybe you two have some sort of Luke-Leia sibling connection. Anyway, great pics & post! Thanks for sharing! --Laura B