Saturday, October 18, 2008

Suggestions.....

So, I got a calling teaching Sunday School a couple of months ago team teaching with another lady in the ward; we trade off Sundays. However, since then, Shelby has had a hard time staying in nursery and Ben has had to take her home the days that I teach and cannot be with her. So, this morning we had a cleaning assignment at the church and Shelby and I passed the nursery (mind you there was nobody there). I asked her to come in with me for a second and she started freaking out!!! She wouldn't move from the hallway and could not be calmed. It's starting to stress me out, I don't know what do to help her have a good experience in nursery. We have really good leaders and I think the kids are pretty decent. Do you have any suggestions that would ease the transition? I need all the help I can get at this point.

1 comment:

Sarah H. said...

So Gabe had a hard for a little while and would go in at all unless it was his week to bring the treats. Now I know that you can't do that every week, but it helped him knowing that he was contributing something instead of just going in and being left. We also told him that we would check on him later and that we would come back to get him. It helped, but now he is good about going and doesn't look back.

Hope that helps a little.