Here's our little Shelby train. While Ben was still home we took turns pulling her around the house although my turns were shorter since I kept having contractions every time I would start pulling again. Shelby absolutely loved the train, tried to take a nap in it and is still playing with it today.
Shelby is also a huge fan of Shrek and knows all the main characters. The other day I bought her a little kids cookie cutter set with a rolling pin in it for her play dough. It had a little ginger bread cookie cutter in it that she immediately seized, coddled and called "Gingy," just like the gingerbread boy on Shrek. Anyway, I thought it would be fun for her to actually make some "Gingys" so we tackled that as well. Shelby thought the dough was play dough at first but then she started eating it and thought it was yummy! We had lots of fun making the cookies. We saved the decorating for today.


What do you do with your kids on rainy days?


5 comments:
Rain??? Don't think I remember what a rainy day is.... :-) Seriously, haven't really had the chance for a rainy day yet. On a side note, your cookies look great!
Your train looks like a lot of fun. The cookies are so cute. I am sure Shelby had fun making(and eating) those. I actually like rainy days. It's fun to bake a treat, make hot cocoa, and snuggle up with a pile of good books! The kids love to make forts and tents. They also love to play store. Their store is called The Knick-Knack Paddy-Whack! I'll have to post about that sometime. Love you guys!
Um, I just go crazy! ;)
My kids love the laundry basket too. I even have a pic of Owen with a pillow and blanket ready for a nap in the basket!
Well, you're just the cutest mom ever! Rainy days, well we just stare out the window and cry all day! But I should take Michele lessons, my kids would go nuts over those cute gingerbread men!!
Way cute cookies. I need that recipe.
Rainy days? Well, we make forts out of blankets and cardboard boxes. Get our little tent out and play campout. Read books with flashlights in the dark. Have a dance party and turn the music up load,and when I've had enough of playing and need a break, gather all the pillows and blanket we can, pop, poppcorn and watch a movie.
Post a Comment