Friday, November 14, 2008

Shelby's Potty Training!!!

I hope this is not inappropriate, but I'm so excited. Shelby started potty training this week. She has been very vocal for months about when she poops and wanting to be changed so earlier this week we decided to get out our little "potty" and have her give it a try. She didn't need any coaxing really and was so excited when she actually peed so she could dump it in the toilet an flush it. The M&M's also help after every time she pees. I bought Shelby some big girl panties and she wears them about a third of the day and a diaper the rest-she's not really keen on either, she'd rather just go naked, but we're not really pushing anything too much right now since she's still young.

7 comments:

Jana Perkins said...

Yipee for Shelby! Way to go Mom! Just make sure you are braced for accidents. Even when you think she has it down, she'll regress a little. Tyler still has accidents every now and then and I potty trained him in Feb. Good Luck. M&M's...great idea.

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

Good for you AND Shelby! Such a big girl. It will be nice for you to only have 1 kid in diapers! ;)

Carolyn said...

Good luck with potty training! And I loved your cookies!

Dan and Melissa said...

Way to go! That is way exciting! Hope she makes good progress. I would plan for her to regress though when the new baby comes....good luck! We will see you next month!

Daniel said...

Yeah, I'd rather go around naked too, but I guess we have to grow up some time! :)

Rachel said...

Oh my heck Michele!!! I can't believe that, how awesome! Lilly is so far from that stage and I can't fathom it! Good for Shelby!

Unknown said...

Congrats to Shelby & y'all! I can't wait till the twins are potty-trained (but they're nowhere near ready...shucks). By the way, great Shelby Train & gingy cookies too! (I've gotten way behind on checking blogs, and had a great time getting caught up with yours.) We love you!