Yesterday my sister and I completed our first 5K, running the whole thing. It was the Wasatch Woman Love Your Body Run in Sugar House Park. We have been talking about doing it for a while but both of us ended up pregnant and unable to run. A few months ago seemed like a great time to get back to our goal and we started training. What a great motivator. I was able to lose about 8 or 9 pounds while training and I can start fitting into my clothes again! That's always a plus. I'm so proud of my sister too, Juli, for running the whole thing with me. I know it was a little hard for her and she probably wanted to walk more than once but she didn't give up. You're awesome sis! We're planning to run another 5K in several more months to keep us motivated and in shape.
Here are some pics from race day.
This is at Sugar House Park about an hour or so before the race is to start.

Fancy footwear to keep track of our times.

Ready, ready, ready, ready to run! Lined up at the start line with just minutes to go. There were over 1300 runners.

Just finished! We can't get the official time from our little chip for a week but according to my sister's watch we did it in just over 34 minutes.
5 comments:
Good for you Michele! What an accomplishment! I hope we can see you guys when we come up next month for my brothers wedding. We are trying to get something together with the Heiner side on Sept. 18.
AWESOME!!! What an inspiration and you truly looking amazing!! Good job!
Amazing, great job and being persistant. You are inspiring.
That is awesome! You both should be really proud of yourselves!!
Love you sis! I had a blast! Let's do it again....soon!
Post a Comment