Today at her checkup we found out she now weighs 16 lbs. (8th %) and measures 27.5 inches in length (48th %). She is quite a petite little girl but is happy and healthy and doing great developmentally!
Erin loves to eat table food (albeit sometimes modified table food). I've been a bit more brave introducing new foods to Erin than I did with Shelby and I've let her eat a lot more with her hands, which is something I hardly ever did with Shelby. She eats quite a variety of foods ranging from fish and couscous to watermelon, which is her FAVORITE FOOD by the way. Here she is just the other day eating it. She gets pretty upset when it falls out of her hands and acts like her favorite toy has just been taken away!
Erin also loves to make funny faces. She scrunches up her face like this
and blows out of her nose and mouth to be funny. It makes me laugh every time. She's also starting to stick her tongue out and will copy us when we do it, especially since she just cut her first two teeth last week. Her tongue is sticking out anyway checking out her new teeth.
Another one of Erin's favorites is her fluffy pink blank. (We have names for "blanks" at our house. Shelby named hers her stripey own blank.) She loves to snuggle up against it, especially when she's cranky or tired. She'll occasionally suck her thumb when she know she's going to bed and rub her blanket between her fingers and on her face. It's so adorable!
We celebrated today by giving Erin her first Spaghetti dinner, which she loved, of course!
She is also doing great with her new sippy cup and loves her juice at dinner time.
**On a side note, Shelby just got upgraded from a toddler bed to a big-girl bed! We are all really excited. She's also spent the last two nights wearing panties and woke up dry! More to come when I get some pictures.


4 comments:
Wow, aren't your kids getting all grown up! Way to go with Erin eating solids and having a sippy already! What a darling little girl! And sounds like potty training is going great with Shelby. Maybe you will have some suggestions for me....
Those are some darling pictures of Erin! I love the top one. She's beautiful!
I could get lost in those gorgeous eyes!!! And her bow is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!
Wow, you guys have accomplished a ton of stuff! (Sorry I've been out of the blog world for a couple of months.) Congrats on the 5K, and thanks for all those cute pics & video of Shelby & Erin! We love you guys.
Post a Comment