Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Think Pink

Whew! Moving is not fun. I'm so glad the actual physical move from one house to another is over, although I've still been moving things around here and will probably be doing so weeks down the road.

I'm glad to finally be here. It's taken since November to seal the deal, so there was a lot of waiting involved. It's exciting owning our first place and having the freedom to personalize it how we would like it, making it our own. I'm trying to get one room done at a time and the girls' room was definitely priority. I knew with all the boxes everywhere in the house, they would need their own place to play and at least have a little room to move. The day after we closed, Ben and I were down here painting the girls' room and cleaning. Shelby got to do the first stroke of pink paint and boy was she ever excited. We had it pretty much ready the next day. Nothing but the beds went in on moving day and after they were set up with their bedding, Shelby got to help decorate the wall with butterflies and flowers.

Shelby and Erin now share a room and it has been quite an experience for both of them. Erin was totally excited the first morning she woke up with Shelby, she looked over at her and said, "Shelby, Hi!" over and over. They jibber jabber to each other a lot at night before they finally settle down and go to sleep. Hopefully the novelty will wear off soon and they will stop talking sooner so they can get to sleep.

Here's some pictures of Shelby and Erin's room. I was so excited when I found matching bedding. Gotta love Target!



I think the next room to be finished is the kitchen. I'll keep updating with pictures as I go.

9 comments:

Dan and Melissa said...

Looks great Michele! Cute bedding! Congrats on your new place. I'd love to see it some time. Then again, we still need to have you guys come over and see us.

Jana Perkins said...

Kailey has the same bedding. Isn't it adorable? You did a great job. Good for you, one room at a time. Congrats on getting into your own home.

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

Super Cute bedding and that is fun for you guys getting your own place :) Cant wait to see pics

Anita Preece said...

Michele,
Give me the scoop! I didn't know you were moving. Where are you now? I need your address. I love the girl's room. The bedding is adorable! You are so talented! I bet they are having fun being in the same room. The grandkids come and sleep in the same bed. I hear them giggling all night. They jump on the bed and laugh and think we don't hear them! Keep me posted.
Anita

Jaime said...

I've looked at this bedding before at Target, I love it!! very cute room! congrats on house.

Rachel said...

Ohhhhhhh!!! I loooooooooove their room!!! So cute!!! And yea, so glad the move went well!

Chelsa said...

How cute, I love it! Congrats on getting a place of your own. I definitely look forward to that part of our future! I'm excited to see more pictures!

Carolyn said...

How fun! The room looks great! Congrats on the new house. Is it close to where you were before?

Michele said...

Carolyn, we're out in Eagle Mountain, about 25 minutes from where we were.