Today was a really nice day. Instead of our regular meetings, we had stake conference. It was actually a broadcast, so we watched it from our church building. It was actually being broadcast from the Dee Events Center at Weber State; it made Ben and I nostalgic for our days back in "O" Town (that's Ogden for all you non Ogdenites). We missed the first speaker due to Shelby sleeping in longer than usual but the other three were Elder Oaks, Sister Thompson from the General RS and Elder Eyring. I really enjoyed all of the talks, I especially liked Elder Eyring's talk on what he called "wise optimism."
The rest of the day was really nice, Shelby took a 2 1/2 hour nap as soon as we got home so I got to read a big chunk from "Fire of the Covenant," by Gerald Lund. I highly recommend it, a great read. We've also had home and visiting teachers and a nice dinner together consisting of homemade split pea soup and crusty toasted sourdough bread- yumm-O!
Our neighbor, Ang, went fishing today and brought us back some fish. Ang and Ben are pretty good friends since they had a class together last semester and their daughter Li loves Shelby. Anyway Ang gave some fish to Ben because he said he only knows two ways to cook it and he gets tired of the same thing--but he likes fishing anyway. Ben took those two fish and went to town!

He has talked of his days back in scouts fishing and such but I got to see him in action. He gutted and cleaned those fish right there on the back porch. He's a pro and I didn't even know. He cooked them right away and made fish cakes. They were pretty good. If I ever get stuck alone on an island, I would take my husband because then I know we won't go hungry.
1 comment:
hey, Heiner family, This is Ang, Just great to watch your family growing and good luck with your coming baby. Take good care.
It is quite an honor to show up in your blog. I should dress up, hold something fabulous and give a great pose if I realized that.:))))
Post a Comment