Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Fun

Today we had a blast and celebrated the commercialized part of the Easter holiday. My sister and her family came over to share it with us. We first went to the neighborhood Easter egg hunt where Shelby had her first experience "hunting" eggs. I guess at this age it was really more fun for me to take her than fun she actually had. Once the kids were let loose, Shelby didn't know what to do. I coaxed her to pick up the eggs and put them into the basket and she managed to get about 4 before they were all gone. It took like 20 seconds before there were none in sight. Crazy! The most fun, however, was the Easter egg hunt in grandma and grandpa's yard and then decorating cupcakes afterwards. Since Shelby isn't old enough to decorate cupcakes and I thought the idea was so cute (see previous post), I decided to do it with my sister and nieces. They were so creative with their decorations and really got into it. Maybe we'll have to make this a family tradition each year, that would be fun.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

How cute! Love your picture collage and those kitty things are DARLING!

Jaime said...

Looks like Fun!

Carolyn said...

How fun! We did an Easter Egg hunt that lasted about as long. The candy wasn't good though, nothing like Aggie Village Easter Egg Hunts!