You know it's bad when....
*You wake up multiple times in the night either because you have to pee, your hips hurt or you have crazy dream/nightmares that you think are real.
*Well-balanced meals are a thing of the past.
*You only eat half as much as you did before but eat more often.
*NOTHING is appetizing, especially sweets.
*You can't remember the last time you saw the light of day.
*You only make it 3/4 of the way through a meal before you throw it up.
*You spend more time horizontally than vertically.
*The only exercise you get is from using the TV remote.
*You can't take anti-nausea medication because you either can't get it down or can't get it to stay down.
*ANYTHING could make you gag at any second.
*You're left eating your meal long after the table's been cleared.
*You lose roughly 3 lbs. in less than a week.
*You decide there is no way possible you could ever get pregnant again!
*You get so desperate, you buy 1/2 lb. of ginger, ginger snaps, ginger ale, etc. to see if it helps even a little bit.
*Your sister says to you "When did you actually get dressed?" and prays for you at every meal because all she sees you do is groan and mope around!
I'm sure most of you already figured out that I'm pregnant, if not, now you know. This is what I've been dealing with the past few weeks and if this pregnancy is anything like it was with Shelby, I'll be sick for another 10 weeks at least. UGH! Do you have any morning sickness stories? Any remedies to quell the queasies or other helpful hints?
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Ugh Michele, you're ruining it for me. Do I really want to do this again!? Isn't it SO weird how anything sweet, pastrish, or candylike is SO disgusting when you're pregnant? I hope it passes quickly! I survived on 1/2 unisom and B6 those months but even that didn't help much. Have you tried those Preggie Pops? I'm so interested to see if they work.
You poor girl! I can definitely sympathize with you! I would guess that you have the same insurance as us? If you do, you RUN to you doctor and beg for ZOFRAN. It's a miracle drug I'm telling you. It was a lifesaver in my first 2 pregnancies! I also tried those star mint candies and chewed fruity gum (which was weird, because I usually like the minty kind!)
Michelle
Even if you HATE black licorice try sucking on it for a bit. The anise root helps nausia. It was the only thing that saved me with Abigail, and has helped with this one also. I hate the taste and smell, but I swear by it when I am pregnant!
Congrats on your bun in the oven. Sorry about the yuckies, I hope they go away soon. I don't have any advice since I never threw up during the 'morning sickness' period. Don't worry about being a frump for a while, you need the down time. Good Luck. When is your due date?
CONGRATULATIONS!! Michelle, I'm so happy for you that you will have another cutie to play with Shelby, however, it totally stinks that you are feeling so yucky. Sounds like you've got it baaaaaad. My sister-in-law swears by some kinds of vitamin or pill or something that they have at the health food store, along with anti-nausea medication from the Dr. I'll try to find the name of them. So sorry, good luck!!
Michelle,
Sorry to hear you are sooooo sick. I had my worst morning sickness over Thanksgiving and Christmas this last year. Yummy food all around that makes you gag. No fun. I survived by buying lots of already prepared food (cooking made me ill), eating early in the day (with Spencer at 5:30 am... eggs, the protien seemed to help), and I went walking. I didn't feel like walking, but it seemed to help quite a lot! Mostly though I had to wait for it to pass. I am grateful that I didn't have it as bad as you seem to. I never had to consider medication besides B6.
Good Luck!
Maren
Well hey, you're one of the lucky few that got on the "Pregnancy Weight Loss Program".
I totally sympathize with you! I was sick from conception until I delivered Liam's placenta. My sister Ana was super sick like me and she was on Zofran and it make the biggest difference for her. I would highly recommend it after seeing how much it helped her! You have my prayers and happy thoughts coming your way!! Hope you find some relief!
Post a Comment