Thursday, March 12, 2009

Honest Scrap


I was tagged to do a post about all my Honest sCrap by my friend Rachel.
Here are the rules:
A) First list 10 honest things about yourself--and make it interesting even if you have to dig deep.
B)Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of Honest Scrap...

Well Rachel, I did have to dig deep but here it goes.

1- I don't iron. I used to iron a little back before I was married and had kids but I can't remember the last time I did. Sometimes I leave Ben's work clothes sitting in the dryer too long and they get wrinkly-still don't iron them. No worries though, he just squirts them with water and puts them back in for a few minutes and they're as good as new!

2-I LOVE 80's Monster Ballads (and most 80's music too). I can totally rock out with my air guitar to the guitar solos.
3-I stink at picking gifts for people. I always stress about getting just the right thing and it never ends up right for some reason. Ben, on the other hand, is pretty good at it. After we had only been dating a short while, he got me concert tickets to see Def Leppard. That was probably the best present I have ever gotten!

4-I once pretended I was asleep so I could hear my boyfriend talk about me to his sister-in-law.

5-I have this obsession with my girls in purple. I don't know why I love it so much but I can seriously hardly resist when I see cute baby clothes that are purple. I think half of the girls' wardrobe is purple.
6-If we ever have any money, I want laser hair removal. Enough said.

7-Sunday mornings are my favorite time to take a walk because it's so quiet outside. I used to go walking in 20 degree weather in Logan just to get some peace.

8-I think I've gotten just about every job I have ever applied for, except for one that I can think of. That job I happened to want very badly. I tried once and didn't get it and tried again later and got it but hated it!

9-Rachel G. is my IDOL!

10-I almost always get a treat for Shelby (and me sometimes) when we're out shopping. I know it's a bad habit and it's not great when you're trying to shed the pounds but it keeps my sanity.

There you have it..here are the lucky 7:
Carrie
Lacey
Melissa
Jaime
Juli
Laura
Summer

4 comments:

Christine said...

Me too on numbers 6 & 10. Your family is so beautiful! Love it.

Rachel said...

HAHAHAH, love the purple obsession, so funny!

Ben and Summer said...

Love it! This is so cute! I thought these were not so great until I started reading some, and now I think they're so fun! Ditto on #10, I've started trying to get smaller things (fun size) in an effort to get trim!

Laura Standage said...

Thanks for sharing; too funny! (I must say the play-parachute thing you & Ben got us for Christmas has been a great gift; we even bring it to playgroup & other activities & the other kids love it, too...does that mean that Ben picked it out?) :) We love you guys! Have a great week.