After that we went to the library to check out Fancy Nancy Tea Parties, but it wasn't available so we checked out this one instead.
Ever since then Shelby just loves being fancy! She loves saying the fancy words and thinks it's great her daddy knows French.At the end of this book Nancy and her family returned from a fancy evening out, turned flop. She was sad so she took off all her fancy clothes, put on her jammies and bath robe and had parfaits at home with her family.
Shelby's been asking about a robe lately and I didn't even put it together in my head that it was because of Fancy Nancy. I thought it was because I occasionally (ok, quite often) wear my robe around the house and she just wanted to be like me!
We went out the other day and bought her a robe; pink, like mine, of course. She wore it all afternoon...
...and all evening.
Finally when Shelby and I sat down to read stories before bed, it clicked when she picked up Fancy Nancy. She wasn't trying to be like ME, she was trying to be like HER! You should see the way she oodles over Fancy (as she calls her) it's totally cute. We're still hoping to get Fancy Nancy Tea Parties at the library, and see what kind of fun that brings us!


No comments:
Post a Comment