Saturday, February 13, 2010

Shelby's Tea Party


We are in the middle of a whole weekend celebration of Valentine's activities and we're loving it! To kick it off, yesterday Shelby got to have a "Fancy Nancy" tea party at grandma's with her cousins. I think this was just as much fun for me to plan and carry out as it was for Shelby and her cousins to take part in.


To get ready, I got the girls some tiaras to wear. I also decorated some plastic forks with jewels. Emily decorated the cups and put everybody's initials on them and Juli and the girls set and decorated the table.

For the food, my sister and I made peanut butter and jelly sushi rolls, heart-shaped turkey and cheese sandwiches, bananas with strawberry jell-o sprinked on top, whipped cream cheese with pretzels and raspberry lemonade to drink.



For dessert, I made these brownie hearts with Hershey's raspberry hugs inside and chocolate ganache on top. Yum-o! So much fun.

6 comments:

Chelsa said...

How cute! Luci would love it, I'll have to do it sometime.

Britt said...

What a fun mom! Good job! I'll have to steal this too! Wow--I can't believe how old Juli's girls are. They are cute.

Dan and Melissa said...

What a fun thing for the girls! Looks like Shelby was having a great time.

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

Too Cute :)

Rachel said...

CUUUUUUUUTE!!! What yummy treats and I love her dress!

Mamarazzi said...

you are totally going to get mom of the year for this...or atleast nominated, and it is after all a honor just to benominated. OH i will nominate you...

serious cuteness!!

(i wanted to lick those brownies off my monitor!!)