
Another highlight of the month was going to grandma's house with our Poulsen cousins to make and decorate Valentine cookies and decorations. Grandma always takes such good care of all her grandkids, we love her so much and always have fun at her house. The cousins also had a blast playing in all of Laura's old dress-ups.

Ben had lots of little surprises for me this Valentine's. He usually can't keep surprises because he can't stand when I have a surprise for him and I don't tell him. However, this year, he did 5 days of valentines. I didn't take any pictures, but each day, the five days before the actual day, he brought treats with notes attached (and some of these are some of my favorite treats too!!); Hot Tamales (you are one "Hot Tamale"), a 6 pack of Crush Soda (I have a "Crush" on you), Sweedish Fish (You are o"fish"ally my valentine), Junior Mints (we were "mint" to be together) and donut holes (oops, can't remember what that one said).
We were going to celebrate Valentine's Day together with just a night in but my mom offered to come and watch the girls while we went out to dinner. We ate at a local barbecue place then headed to IKEA to do some window shopping mostly.
Since we had already planned on eating in before my mom called, I had already bought the stuff for our romantic dinner, so we just saved it for that weekend. We made lobster risotto with salad and had yummy chocolate crepes with nutella and coconut whipped cream cheese filling for dessert. It was all wonderful!
Another fun thing I got to do was teach a cooking class to the Young Women from our ward. The YW leader asked me if I could teach the girls how to prepare a meal from start to finish. I decided to do an Italian theme. So I had all the girls and their leaders over to our house and we ended up making Chicken Parmesan with an Italian green salad and Banana Dulce de leche trifle for dessert. It was all so good and I had a fun time teaching the girls. It has been so long since I have been in Young Women's and around girls that age. What fun.


3 comments:
I'm so sad we missed the blessing! I bet it was WONDERFUL! I miss living up there :(
Eric refuses to go to ikea with me! He hates that the maze traps you in, ha ha!
Wow! Lots of blog posts - good job Michele. Congratulations on the blessing! That is such a wonderful time. Your little family is so great! I completely remember how it feels like coming out of a haze after the first few months of a newborn.
Also, how easy is it to make those collages of pictures like you always do? They are so cute and I want to learn how!
Summer, it's super easy. I don't have any photo editing skills, nor do I have photoshop, so I use a free program called Shutterfly. I've been using it for several years. I know it's pretty simple but it works for me.
Post a Comment