Sunday, April 29, 2012

Easter

First of all, we have a new family picture. Do you like it? Of course Shelby is the one holding Paige. She sure does love her sister.

And here's another one with us all dressed up.


Notice where there should be a "mom" and "dad," it says Michele and Ben. Shelby likes learning how to spell all of our names. And that thing down there at the bottom, well that's a dragon.

And now on to Easter stuff. This year I tried to do a few activities with the girls that talked about Jesus Christ, his different names and what they meant. We had a little Easter topiary tree on our table that we hung little tags with the different names of Christ and tried to review and remember them each time we sat at the table. I got the idea here. Although I didn't do all of the activities listed I think it's something we can come back to in the future and do. I really liked the ideas.

This was also the the first year we actually colored eggs for Easter. We all had a blast. The girls especially loved the clear crayon they could write on the egg before they colored it. We called it our secret message and kept singing the very important message song from Backyardagains as we did it. I also had so much fun with the first dozen that we colored, I cooked the rest of the eggs in our fridge to dye them as well. Thankfully the girls liked to eat boiled eggs so that took care of some of the eggs and the rest we ate as egg salad sandwiches with Ben's homemade mayonnaise!

No comments: