
So, Shelby is at this stage in eating where I don't know what she is going to eat from one day to the next, or from one meal to the next for that matter. It seems like what she ate and liked yesterday, she doesn't today, maybe more or less extreme depending on the day. So, I've tried new things, I even reverted back to buying some baby food. I'm not really a fan of store-bought baby food and haven't bought that much of it, but sometimes I just don't know what to do. I don't want to be a mom who has to pull out everything in the fridge or cupboard at every meal until she finally tries and finds something her child will eat. I know and understand that feeding is one of the challenges of parenting, but I'm sure you more-experienced-mothers-than-I have got some great wisdom. So, there it is, I'm eliciting your help. If you have any good ideas that get your child to eat or ideas for food that a 1-year-old would eat, send them this way. I'll let you know how it goes.


3 comments:
I feel your pain Michele. Moana found these great websites and they were a great help to me http://wholesomebabyfood.com/ and http://wholesometoddlerfood.com/.
Can she eat with a spoon? Does she have a lot of teeth? Tyler had almost all his teeth by the age of one, so I could give him a variety of foods other kids couldn't eat.
He loved yougart, cut up peaches, applesauce, pieces of cheese, gram crackers, etc. I had a really hard time with green vegatables at that stage so I would just feed him the chunky babyfood greens. Hope that helps.
Lilly gets in stages like that and it drives me bonkers. What really helps us though is feeding her milk AFTER she has eaten the solids. I give her the food she likes the least *first* and she'll eat it because she's really hungry. Then the stuff she likes most like fruit, last. Then after that, I give her a drink. If I give her a drink first, it's almost like she fills up on liquid and will eat less solids. Anyway, good luck!!!
I think Avery may be the pickiest child in the world (she is currently on a spaghetti only diet). I read a great book called How To Get Your Child To Eat, But Not Too Much--I forget the author. But it was very helpful. Good luck! (And good luck to me!)
Post a Comment