Monday, August 25, 2008

Ya gotta try these!!

A good friend gave me this recipe a few years ago and I don't know why I never tried it. The other day I was going through my recipes and found this again and wanted to try it. We love to cook pancakes, french toast or anything special on Sundays since we have the time to do it. Anyway, here's the recipe, try it, try it, try it!! You'll love it.

Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes
1 cup oats
1 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup whole milk
2 lg. eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cups raisins
2 tbsp. butter, melted
additional butter for skillet

Mix dry ingredients and then wet ingredients. Whisk the wet into the dry until combined, then fold in the mashed bananas and raisins. Stir in melted butter. Heat the griddle over medium heat and brush with additional melted butter. Cook pancakes until bubbles form on the top and then turn. Serve with drizzled honey or maple syrup. (Some changes I made: I didn't use walnuts or raisins. I also didn't have any sour cream and used vanilla yogurt instead. In place of the whole milk, I just used what we had in the fridge, it happened to be 1%. The last couple of pancakes I was cooking, I decided to throw in a few chocolate chips--what a treat!)
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Dan and Melissa said...

Sounds interesting. Dan and Olivia would love them, I'm too picky. :-) Thanks for sharing!

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

Sounds tasty! I like your changes, raisins would be weird in pancakes! I will give these a try and let you know.

Megh said...

Sounds yummy, thanks! By the way, congrats on the pregnancy! We miss you guys!

Jana Perkins said...

I tried them yesterday and they do taste like big cookies! I didn't add the raisins and walnuts either. Thanks for the calories! Congrats on having another beautiful daughter.