Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes, today is my birthday but I'm not posting to solicit all of your well wishes, I just really wanted to share with you the delicious cakes (yes that is plural) I got to enjoy in my honor! The first one my mom made. It's from Paula Deen's magazine this month; Raspberry Limeade Cake. It is so delicious, especially the frosting. I"m glad there were lots of people to share it because I would have eaten waaaay to much of it myself.



Recipe for Raspberry Limeade Cake


The second cake I actually made myself and it also happened to be a Paula Deen cake (not on purpose). If you watch Paula Deen at all, you know she's famous for her Gooey Butter cakes. I happened to make the Peanut Butter Gooey Butter Cake because I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Oh my goodness! The second I took a bite, joy erupted in my mouth. It was so good. You must try this recipe but keep in mind that it contains nearly 400g of fat. Yes that is grams of fat not 400 calories. So, even though you'll want to gobble up the whole entire pan, eat it over a few days and share some too.

Recipe for Paula Deen's Peanut Butter Gooey Cake (see Peanut Butter variation at bottom of recipe)

I still haven't found anyone to share this with so stop on by and have a bite!!!

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday!! And both of those cakes look and sound so yummy! I hope you had a great day.

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

Oh, my, I am coming over tomorrow!!! ;) I was hoping you would post so I could wish you a happy birthday! So, Happy Birthday!

juli said...

We were so glad to share come yummy cake with you!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! We hope that it has been a fun day. We love you lots!

Britt said...

Seriously, did we not just turn 15? How are we (well, you) turn 31 already?

I got your email, and I'll email back, I'm just super bad at getting around to email. Sorry.

Happy birthday!

Britt said...

that would be how did we, not how are we turn 31. duh. sorry

Rachel said...

that is tons of fat! happy birthday anyways... at least you have a reason to eat so much fat huh! also, thanks for the salsa recipe, i will try.

Dan and Melissa said...

Hope your birthday was great! Those cakes look really fancy! Just a reminder...we are coming up on the 12th of June.

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!! I love that cake!!! Seriously, can I be you!? I would love it if I loved to bake and cook!!!