Sunday, May 10, 2009

Helmet Head

Erin now has to do helmet therapy for her head. She was diagnosed with torticollis (tight neck muscle)and it has caused her to favor one side of her head, thus making a flat spot there. So after a visit to Primary Children's Hospital we headed to the prosthetics office to get her scanned for her helmet and she has now been wearing it for 3 days. She'll have to wear it for about 3 months and hopefully by then it will be corrected. So far it's made Erin pretty cranky. She just started sleeping through the night and now her whole groove has been thrown off and she'll have to re-learn how to sleep through the night with a helmet on. On top of that, she's teething, which in and of itself is not fun. We'll probably be stocking up on some Tylenol for a while.

Here are some pics of our little helmet head. We got to pick the pattern-purple and butterflies, of course!


5 comments:

Carolyn said...

She looks happy in those pictures at least. And what a stylish helmet!

Dan and Melissa said...

Good luck! Hopefully things get better!

Rachel said...

OHHHHHHHH!!!! Poor thing!!!!!! I hope the 3 months goes fast because I bet it will just as irritating for mommy as it will for baby! :(

Ben and Summer said...

Sad for you and her! But good to get things taken care of early:) She still looks so adorable! And I love the new picture up top - so cute!

Aloha_Misty said...

Michele the little girl I babysit has to get a helmet. I remembered that your daughter used to wear one so I came here to look at the pictures. Oh! I bet that was hard to get used to for both of you! She is such a darling little girl!