Monday, May 4, 2009

Hero

There aren't many days I feel like a hero for Shelby, but today I do. We found some new and different fun things to do like go on a color hunt, make tape shapes on the carpet and make an indoor sandbox. The "sand" box was definitely the favorite, Shelby played in it the longest. I actually didn't put sand in it but wheat. I have a 5 gallon bucket in my pantry that I use to grind and make our bread and Shelby loves to get in it and play. I thought that would be the perfect medium and I only used about 8 or 10 cups to fill the plastic tub I used. Then I threw in some funnels, spoons, cups, and even a truck. What fun! We'll definitely be doing this again and trying new things like sand, packing peanuts, dry beans, whatever.







6 comments:

Dan and Melissa said...

Fun! I have a bin for Olivia with beans, and then various scoops. Spoons and cups are fun to scoop with also. Also, I love your new family picture at the top of your blog! Looks great!

Lee said...

Lentils and beans are a ton of fun. We like to use scoops and funnels, and construction trucks. Fun adventures can be cheep. I guess teachers know that right!

juli said...

So fun! It looks like Shelby had a great time! Love ya!

Carrie said...

That's a great idea... Mind me stealing it?

Michelle said...

You are definitely a fun mom! I love the new family picture at the top of the blog. Your girls are beautiful!

Rachel said...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!! She is getting so big, look at her HAIR!!!