Monday, November 9, 2009

Bonding over brownies


That's what Ben called it last night as he walked over to find Shelby and I devouring our hot-out-of-the-oven Betty Crocker brownies. Mmmm, they were so good. I love brownies so much I could probably eat half a pan in one sitting. There's just something about Sunday evenings that makes me want to make cookies or brownies or whatever. Put aside my counting the 132 calories a day I'm supposed to eat or the 5,000 calories I have to burn on the treadmill each day, because calories don't count on Sunday's right? Maybe it's because growing up we almost always made treats on either Sunday afternoon or evening; me and my mom, me and my sister or just me. It's a fun thing to do together and it gets you in the kitchen, which I love, and am trying to teach Shelby little by little. We sure enjoyed giggling over those brownines.

3 comments:

Jed and Kera said...

Hey! I just tried to put the recipe on and it said the html wasn't proper and I tried twice! So here it is this way. Sorry. :O)

BUCKEYES
1 stick butter
1 box powdered sugar
1 1/2 c. peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. (12 oz.) chocolate chips
1/2 stick paraffin
Mix butter, sugar, peanut butter and vanilla. Form into small balls. Place them on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and freeze for 10 minutes or so.
Melt chocolate and paraffin in top of double boiler. Stick a fondue fork in the candy ball and dip into the chocolate mixture, leaving part of the top uncovered.

Serenity Blue said...

Awesome! I always love those Sunday evening feelings of chillaxation. Glad you had a good time. What doesn't cheer you up like brownies?

Rachel said...

Looooooove it!!! We made brownies yesterday too! Thanks for the no calorie reminder...I feel better now. :)