I am so thankful that Shelby is beginning to grasp gospel principles and that she is so eager to learn and understand. This morning while we were eating breakfast, Shelby looked over at our garland of gratitude and began telling me the things we were thankful for. (That's the good stuff right there!)
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Garland of Gratitude
Last night for family night we made this garland of gratitude. I got the idea from Family Fun magazine and adapted it to our family. Since Shelby is still too young to read and write, we cut pictures out of our church magazines and glued them to different fall-colored leaves and then hung them on some string in the window next to our table. We went through the magazines together and decided on the things that we were thankful for and we talked about each one so that Shelby would understand and remember. I thought Shelby's attention span might be too short to finish the whole activity in one night but she was great and seemed to really enjoy it.

I am so thankful that Shelby is beginning to grasp gospel principles and that she is so eager to learn and understand. This morning while we were eating breakfast, Shelby looked over at our garland of gratitude and began telling me the things we were thankful for. (That's the good stuff right there!)
I am so thankful that Shelby is beginning to grasp gospel principles and that she is so eager to learn and understand. This morning while we were eating breakfast, Shelby looked over at our garland of gratitude and began telling me the things we were thankful for. (That's the good stuff right there!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
What a great idea! I should do that with Luci.
That's a great idea. You're a fantastic mom to do things like that with her. Great job!
Post a Comment