Sunday, January 31, 2010

What We've Been Up To

I feel like we haven't been up to that much around here, yet at the same time, we've had a few fun things going on.

First of all, after we sent Itty to the animal shelter, I think Ben was feeling bad and wanted to get a pet for the girls. They absolutely drooled over that kitten and couldn't keep their hands off her. Ben made me a deal that if I agreed to let the girls get a (small) pet, he would get rid of something I had been wanting him to for a while. I agreed rather quickly, I think he was taken off guard, and the deal was struck.

Later that same day, we marched the girls into Petco and decided on a cute little gerbil. Shelby named her Ginger and both Erin and Shelby just love her. Shelby loves to talk to her, hold her in a hat (so she can't get away) and call her sweetie. Every time I walk past her cage with Erin, she says, "Hi," in this high-pitched sing-songy voice; it's totally adorable.

We put Ginger in her little ball some of the time she's out of the cage partially so she doesn't run where we can't get her, but for her own protection.



Seriously! Erin looks like she's up to something doesn't she?

Well, the next exciting thing we've been doing around here is preschool! I finally pulled my act together and started doing stuff with Shelby. I pulled stuff out I used to teach kindergarten and preschool with, then one thing led to another and I started getting bombarded with all these ideas. To make a long story short, I've been putting everything in a lesson plan-type format and decided to slap it up on another blog! It's called The Sittin' Spot if you want to check it out. We're doing weekly themes by letter. Last week we did the letter O with an ocean theme. Next week we'll be doing the letter A.

To end up our ocean week, I wanted to go to the aquarium but it was a little more than I wanted to spend. Instead, Ben suggested we go to the aquarium at Cabela's for their fish-feeding time. It was fun, there was so much to look at. The girls liked it too. Here's some fun pictures we took.

Moose are my favorite!

Shelby likes them too.

And so does Erin. This one's just her size.

3 comments:

Lacey Allen said...

my last post is especially for you!

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

too cute, i love cabelas..And Good job on the preschool thing!!

Rachel said...

AHHHHHHHH!!! That is so cute!!! You've now got me REALLY wanting a gerbil or a hamster. Too bad all we'll get a zhu zhu pets, haha!