Sunday, January 29, 2012

Playing Catch-Up July 2011

Ohhhhh, it has been so long since I've updated. I have really needed to but just kept putting it off and it kept getting harder and harder to want to do it as the time passed. So, in an effort to keep things brief, I'll just do the highlights from each month, starting in July. Then, maybe I can keep this up a little better.

JULY 2011
Probably the most exciting thing we did in July was go to Idaho for the Thomas Family reunion (Ben's Parker side of the family). We went camping and the girls were so excited to sleep in a tent. Luckily, I had just barely gotten over my morning sickness, so that didn't stop us from going. We went to the reunion last year, held in Oregon, and had so much fun with the family, we couldn't wait to go again.

We went to this tiny part of Idaho, about 7 hours away, near the city of Council. It was still the hot part of the summer, so the days were pretty intense but the evenings got nice and cool, and actually pretty cold during the middle of the night.

When camping, s'mores and a camp fire are a must-have!! We didn't to do a camp fire until the second night and the girls had lots of fun helping dad build the fire and roast the marshmallows.







The girls loved being in the tent and getting to sleep in it at night.

Look at that face!!!! What a cutie. I can't believe how little she looks only 6 months ago.


Shelby, of course, eating a pb&j and very proudly showing off her necklace she and daddy made at the kids craft table earlier.




By the end of our time there, we were all pretty tuckered out!


Another fun thing July brought was a new (to us) bike for Shelby. I got it pretty cheap off KSL just around the corner from our house. The girls went out riding and had a blast. I wanted Shelby to be proficient enough to ride so that she could ride her bike when I go walking and the two little girls could go in the double jogger. I think we're going to have to work on it more, come spring; I don't think she rode it quite enough to last on a walk.



Erin since has taken over the scooter and is very good at it. She loves it too!



Ok, more to come....

No comments: