Monday, January 30, 2012

Playing Catch-Up - October 2011

Not much was happening around here in October. Although, I was nesting a ton, trying to get everything ready for baby's arrival. I also completed a few sewing projects, mainly the girl's Halloween costumes.


Shelby wanted to be Rapunzel so we found a great pattern for the dress and a tutorial on the internet for the wig. I think it turned out pretty good. That dress was probably the most complex pattern I have ever sewn. Actually half way through cutting it out, was thinking this is way to much fabric for a kid's dress! I realized that I had got the misses size instead of the children's size. So, I basically had to make my own pattern pieces off the ones I had. Oh well, thankfully it worked. I made sure to take my time so the dress would look presentable. It took a lot of time and effort but it was totally worth it. Shelby loves it so much and wore it EVERY day for the longest time. She still wears it when her friends come over to play dress-up.


Erin wanted to be a witch. I just kept it simple since I had spent so much time on Shelby's dress. I just made a tunic-type dress and got her leggings and her little hat headband.



I just had to throw this picture in. My family should appreciate this. I reminded me of a similar picture of my sister and I when we were around that age.

CHARACTERS!!! Love 'em though.

No comments: