Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Final Countdown


Are you a fan of the 80's hair bands?? Well, I definitely am. One of my favorite groups was Europe. Talk about big hair, but Joey Tempest was sooo cute. I even had a poster of him on my wall! Anyway, they sang "The Final Countdown" which is how I've been feeling lately. We are on the home stretch to graduating and moving on. Only about 4 1/2 weeks to go. I want it to come so bad both Ben and I are having anxiety attacks. Well, that's also because Ben doesn't have a job yet. I know Ben doesn't want to get stuck here another semester writing parking tickets and I don't want to have to eat rice and potatoes forever. Ben has applied to a couple different places and hasn't heard back from any of them yet. This next month better be pretty magical.

Shelby is ever growing and changing and we love every minute of it. She is so curious about everything around her and is always finding something new to explore. Grandma and Aunt Laura just came for a visit last weekend and we couldn't stop Shelby from squealing with delight. She loves to be around other people. If she's ever in a bad mood or crying, all we have to do is put her in front of some pictures of her cousins or other babies and she starts waving and laughing. What a character.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh man! I hope you guys are able to move too! It's such a rollercoaster, the last little stretch. We totally know how you feel!!!

Carolyn said...

I am not ashamed to admit that I also loved the big hair bands, or butt rock bands as my roommate used to call them. Good luck with the job. Just keep telling yourself "This too shall pass".

Daniel said...

I remember Europe was on TV once, for some kind of music awards, and you and Julianne FLIPPED OUT to see those long-haired dreamboats live in action!