So, doesn't Thanksgiving mark the beginning of the official holiday season until New Years? It is a time like no other; we hear and listen to Christmas music everywhere we go, the stores are crowded with people trying to find that great gift, there are a million holiday parties to go to, lights and decorations adorn every inch of the town, you know winter is near because you can see your breath when you walk outside, and it's kind of like an open invitation to eat anything and everything because we all know, come January 1 our New Year's resolution will be to lose weight....again. Last night I made this HUGE batch of brownies that I saw the Barefoot Contessa make the other day on the Food Network. I always tell people how much I love brownies and that they are my favorite food group. These are the most decadent brownies I have ever made or tasted. It had a pound of butter and over a pound of chocolate in it. Needless to say, they were very rich and I could only eat one. So if you are a brownie fiend like I am, this is a great recipe to try.
All that aside, it was just the three of us for Thanksgiving Dinner today. It was actually pretty nice. I know this sounds corny, but all day I kept thinking how thankful I was for one thing after another, they just kept running through my mind. So, I put up pieces of paper around the house and started writing them down so we could have a visual reminder of how blessed we are. So here are 10 things I'm I am thankful for, in no particular order:
I am thankful that Ben is graduating in 3 weeks.
I am thankful that he loves me and makes me laugh.
I am thankful that he works hard for our family.
I am thankful for Shelby's giggles and laughs and her yummy hugs and kisses.
I am thankful for motherhood and how it teaches me selflessness.
I am thankful for the Food Network where I get my inspiration for cooking.
I am thankful for my parent's good example.
I am thankful for the gospel and my testimony.
I am thankful for singing and good music.
I am thankful for God's kindness and mercy.
July Fun
23 hours ago


1 comment:
Happy Thanksgiving!! And yeah for 3 more weeks!
Post a Comment