Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

The Day after Thanksgiving, Black Friday, I think is the craziest day of the year and really brings out the worst in people. I'm not such a huge fan but I have done it a couple of times to get a few good deals, but I don't get up insanely early and I try to be pretty casual about it. I actually remember about a month after Ben and I started dating was around this time of year and he wanted to go shopping with me on this day. When I told everyone that he came with me, they all said it must be love. Anyway, Shelby and I were up early this morning and I just decided to get dressed and go to a store or two to see what we could find. It was about 13 degrees outside still so I bundled up Shelby real good and off we went to brave the cold and the crowd while daddy still slept. By 8:30, the games that I wanted were long gone. Most people were there at 5:00 am so I guess we were late. I went to one more store and found some great deals on a couple things for Ben and I then came home. The rest of the day I guess we'll eat leftover turkey meatloaf and play games together.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

i found your blog from someone else's.... hehe:) hope you dont mind... ours is lukeynrachey.blogspot.com enjoy... where did you get your template for your blog? it is way cute! love it.... hope you are well. write soon

Rachel said...

Love that puffy coat on Shelby!!! She makes me want to put on my puffy coat. Maybe she and Lilly can have a snowball fight. :}~

Carolyn said...

Shelby looks so cute! You should feel succesful if you found anything at 8:30 AM. I went at 5:00 AM and everything was pretty picked through.