Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Budget friendly in the kitchen

Pretty soon, when we move into our new condo, we won't be able to make gourmet meals quite as often as we are able to here at my parent's house, and we won't have their pantry to raid either. So in an effort to make my cooking more budget-friendly I have been inspired by my sister to start making my own yogurt. My sister started making it because she can control the amount of sugar in it and it is very cost-effective. Shelby eats yogurt about every day and Ben and I eat it often enough that I think it would be fun for us to do. There are a million things you can do with yogurt and it's pretty healthy. I did a google search for how to make yogurt at home and found an easy recipe on a website I already use for toddler recipes for Shelby. The instructions are at wholesomebabyfood.com. Check it out!

So, I am also putting out a call for help for the rest of my menu. If you have any recipes that you are yummy and easy on the budget please post them in the comments. Thanks!

3 comments:

Lacey Allen said...

Michelle
I am a BIG crock pot person, an dhave several yummy recipes. Shoot me an e-mail if you do crock cooking and want them. Congrats on yout condo, I know how excited you must be! Miss you :)

Rachel said...

Congrats on your condo!!! I'm so excited for you guys! I had a bow party in Eagle Mountain last week and had time before the party so I picked up tons of flyers for homes selling and was really impressed. The community is really young and Shelby will have a million little buddies. You guys will have a blast and I can't wait to see how it goes for you!

Jana Perkins said...

I started a recipe blog. you can search through it and some of the recipes are definately yummy and budget friendly. http://perkinsgoodeats.blogspot.com/