Laura Steel is a friend, former mission companion, mother and musician. She has written a song about child abuse and donated it to help raise money for the cause. I have posted her message below to help her get some exposure. Please take a minute to read it. Thanks!~
In 2002 I wrote a song about child abuse. I was in the middle of a course on how to respond if called to an emergency involving abuse. At the time I didn't know what I would do with that song, I just knew that I was to use it for good. It was written for abuse victims and should be used to help them somehow.
The how started to come about last year when I heard an ad on the radio announcing April to be National Child Abuse Prevention Month. They were asking people to help by donating to the cause. Being dead broke (still am) I was moved to call and offer them my song. They were grateful, but no one really knew how to use a song to help the children. We've been brainstorming for a year and here we are in April again.
This time I'm ready. With much help from friends and family we have put together a website that will be used for my music. (Yay!) Right now, however, we will focus on this one song, "Liberty". ALL PROCEEDS from downloads of "Liberty" will be donated to help heal abuse victims, and to prevent more abuse by breaking the cycle through education and love.
Please take a moment to visit Laura Steel Music and download "Liberty" for $0.99.
I have been warned that this endeavor will fail because the American People care more about elephants, manatees, and children outside of our country than we do for our own children. Help me prove them wrong! I have set an insanely small goal of $20,000 in the month of April. To me it is a huge, scary amount, but I am convinced that if the word gets out we will find that there are many more than 20,000 people who care.
This is a call to action. Don't just pass this on, TAKE ACTION and go download the song because you care! (And then pass it on to everybody!) It takes $0.99 to download and you can download it as many times as you like.
Thank you!
Laura Steel


No comments:
Post a Comment