Saturday, April 12, 2008

Our Zoo Trip

Yeah, we finally made it to the zoo. We had a zoo pass a few years ago when we used to take Sarah but we haven't had one recently and Ben has really wanted to take Shelby for the past couple of months. So, I surprised Ben with a zoo pass recently and today was the perfect day to go. The weather was beautiful, we didn't even wear jackets. Shelby really loved looking at all animals and making the noises of the ones she recognized. She was fascinated with the monkeys and we watched them for quite a while. The picture on the bottom left is Shelby signing that the monkey was eating. The pictures of Shelby with her hands on her face is her "oh my" face. So cute. We plan on going again soon. There's a mom and me day May 10th where there's a bunch of free stuff to do. That should be fun!

5 comments:

juli said...

The zoo is such a fun place for kids (and parents!)! It's so fun to see them excited about the different animals. Shelby is adorable. Can't wait until we can see her again (oh you too, Michele and Ben :)!

Ben and Summer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben and Summer said...

I love it! She is so cute, I love the pigtails. I always think of the zoo as a summertime activity, but it would probably be so much more enjoyable in the springtime before it gets so hot. Great idea! (sorry, I deleted my previous comment because I was using the wrong ID)

Rachel said...

She's so smart with all her signs! You're such a good mom and that bucket hat is the cutest!

Jaime said...

So fun! We went two weeks ago and the kids loved it! Maybe we could meet there sometime.:)