Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Update-Long overdue

So, it's been a while, but it so stinks not to have internet. We've definitely got to look into getting it sometime in the near future. It's hard to think of paying for it when we spent so many years in student housing with a great internet connection that seemed like it was free but I guess we really were paying for it through tuition, rent and such. Anyway, here's what's been going on at our house.

I think we are finally through with the cherry picking. My dad came over last night and picked the last few buckets. He said they were practically falling of the stems. My fingers have been stained for weeks, people probably think I don't wash my hands ever. We've all loved eating them and I've been trying my hand at making fruit leather and jam. But, just as the cherries are ending, our apricots are just about ready to pick, in about a week or so, so we don't have much of a break. We also have about 3 apricot trees as opposed to 1 cherry. I'm excited about the apricots though, because I think you can do more with them than the cherries.
Shelby is growing up so much and just wants to know what's going on everywhere around her. So, in an attempt to involve her in my daily routine instead of sitting her in front of the TV, I have made her my little helper. She loves to play with bubbles in the sink next to me while I do the dishes or stand on a chair while I bake or cook. She's also taken more interest in reading books, which I love, so I think it's time to go to the library for reading time every week and get out my box of children's books from when I taught school. Shelby just turned 18 months and is a complete sponge. She is pretty much bilingual in sign language and English and amazes me each day with the new words and signs she uses. Her favorite words to use around the house are happy and cool and she loves to say hi to anyone when we're out. Last Sunday was Shelby's first time attending nursery at church and she absolutely loved it, she was totally ready for it. She didn't even cry the whole time and I only saw her once to change her diaper. I'm happy she has a place to let out her energy and I can finally listen to the lessons.
Ben is doing great at Fidelity and still loving it. He just started a new shift, working 4 10-hour shifts a week, 1pm-12midnight. The hours aren't that great but we like having him in the morning, especially if I'm sick and need more sleep. Ben also spends a lot of his time while at home in the yard and doing projects around the farm for our landlord. He enjoys having so much to do. Ben wanted me to post this picture of a tree he planted at the Bountiful Temple years ago when he first started attending Weber State.
I am still battling morning sickness at 16 weeks and still taking drugs for it. However, the past two weeks or so, I have been able to let up on the medication, as long as I get good sleep. My ultrasound isn't until the end of August, so I still have a little ways to wait to find out what we're having. Shelby and I hang out a lot at the house, we water our garden and watch it grow, play in the sandbox or swimming pool and run errands occasionally. I finally broke out my boxes of maternity clothes a little over a week ago and was very surprised when I tried all of them on. I was literally swimming in them! I haven't gained an ounce this pregnancy (mostly due to being sick) and I'm actually about 20 pounds lighter than I was with Shelby at this time. So, I got to go shopping recently for a few maternity bottoms, to ease the expanding waistline, and was very happy to be buying smaller sizes. Here's me at 4 months pregnant.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

C'mon, no fibbing! You really don't have a baby in that skinny little body! Shelby looks so cute, she's SO big, I can't believe it! I love her pictures w/ animals, so darling!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michele! I found your blog messing around one day. I'm about 4 weeks behind you pregnant with my 3rd. I can't wait to start feeling better too! Your daughter is such a doll! She's super cute. This is Britt by the way!

Michele said...

Britt, if you read this again, how do I get a hold of you? I would love to chat and catch up.

Dan and Melissa said...

Wow! Shelby is getting so many great experiences, and she sure is growing up fast. I would love to see your place, Olivia would have a ball. Maybe next time we come up........

Daniel said...

Man, I wish I had two linguals! You guys are getting Shelby off to a great start!

Nicole said...

you look so great---lucky you. i am glad you updated itsounds like things are going well. I am sorry to have missed at IKEA. I didn't even know I was going to be there. Next time i will make a plan to see you it would be great catch up--PS Kim quit!!! can you beleive it.

Carolyn said...

You look so great! I'm sorry that you are still sick.