Homemade Bread Recipe
10 1/2 cups white bread flour or wheat flour (not all-purpose) (grind 6 1/2-7 cups of wheat and it will equal about 10 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon salt
2 rounded tablespoons SAF instant yeast
3 tablespoons liquid lecithin*
4 cups hot tap water
Mix dry ingredients. Add lecithin and water. Mix for 1 minute and check consistency. If dough is too dry, add more water. If dough is too moist, add more flour. Mix for 5 minutes. Do not add water or flour to the dough after it has finished mixing. Spray counter and pans with cooking spray. Take dough out of bowl immediately and shape into loaves (give them a good spanking to get the air bubbles out). Put them into 4 loaf pans (4x8 size) and cover lightly with a towel. Let raise for 25 minutes. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
*Squeeze or pour approximately 3 tablespoons (about the size of a quarter) of lecithin directly into the bowl. Don't measure, it's too sticky. You can get a bottle of lecithin at Kitchen Kneads.


7 comments:
Congrats, the texture of the bread looks great! I had this goal years ago and I had so much fun trying to perfect bread. I think I need to keep working at it, thanks for the recipe I will need to add it to my collection. My grandma uses the lecithin in her recipes and her bread is out of this world. Good for you! Happy New Year!
Your bread looks delicious! Like Moana, I too tried to make some good loaves a few years ago but never quiet got there. I'll try this recipe and see if I have any luck. Problem is, I have a very small grinder that only grinds about a cup of wheat at a time and it VERY loud. Does it work with store bought wheat flour?
Amen to both of the other comments. I am still trying, and have basically given up. But I'm renewed in my determination - I'll try this recipe! Thanks!
Hey guys,don't give up, I almost did, but I hung in there. Jana, I'm sure it'll work with store bought wheat flour as long as it's, whole wheat bread flour, not all-purpose wheat flour (p.s.I was having a baby when your blog went private; I would love to still see your updates if you don't mind).
Looks yummy! I haven't tried my hand at breadmaking....unless you count the bread machine Hahaha:)
Hey Michele ahve you ever made just half a batch? I would love to try it, but My kitchen Aid won't hold that much flour. Congrats on the bread though, I've always wanted to make my own bread. My dad does every week and it is amazing.
Yes, half a batch works-try it!
Post a Comment