It's kind of crazy because there are so many people at Temple Square. We luckily came early enough to find great parking but the temple grounds were already packed. We stuck the girls in their snowsuits and they rode in the stroller; well, I guess I should say Erin rode in the stroller because Shelby only lasted about 10 minutes. She just couldn't sit still and wanted to be with her best cousin, Kate. Here is our first pit stop for pictures.
Erin was snug as a bug and hardly made a peep the whole time. She was happy though.
Unfortunately, I think there was just too much stimulation for Shelby, she kept trying to run off. About half way through our stroll, Ben ran to get her and we were separated until we went back to the car.
Next year, we'll have to remember a leash.
After we all got back to our cars, we popped open the trunks and shared goodies. Grandpa made hot chocolate, grandma brought her it's-not-Christmas-without-sugar-cookies, and I brought a new treat, egg nog cupcakes, because we're a little bit fiendish about egg nog in our family. Everything was de-lish and warmed us right up.
Shelby enjoying the goods. Ben said she cried for half an hour, saying, "I lost my mommy," until I finally met them back at the car. It made my heart sob that she was so upset and even the thought of her getting lost for real. We kept telling each other all the way home we were so happy we found each other. I love my family, I don't know what I would do without them.


3 comments:
What an awesome night and beautiful pictures! you all look so cozy! :)
Looks like a successful night. Glad you're not lost anymore. :)
Thanks for the advice on my blog... I'm going to give it a try.
We're going to have to come out there some Christmas and see the lights with you guys. I miss that too!
Post a Comment