Sunday, February 10, 2008

Recipe of the week

This one I had to put it in a post since it wasn't from a website. These meatballs are amazing. I got the recipe from my sister who got them from a neighbor who brought them for her family for dinner. She said they were so good, they had them for breakfast the next day! We made them tonight and they were just delicious. I hope you enjoy.

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

½ lb ground pork
1 lb ground beef
½ t pepper
½ t garlic powder
2/3 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
½ cup chopped onion
2 eggs
1 T flour
1/3 cup tomato sauce
3/4 t salt
3/4 t soy sauce

Mix together. Form balls. Place on a baking dish and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

Sauce:

2 cups pineapple juice
1/3 cup water
1 ½ cups ketchup
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 t soy sauce

Bring to a boil. Thicken sauce with about 1/4 cup cornstarch mixed with just enough water. Then add 9 oz pineapple tidbits.

Simmer meatballs in sauce for 20-30 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice.

No comments: